Pages

March 9, 2012

Metallic V-Gap

This manicure was sooo much fun, and the first real success (I think) that I've had with tape manicures. Koodos to Jane from Nailside for the idea for this, I totally copied her idea because it looked so awesome and I had to try it for myself.

And as usual, my left and right hands are done with different colors.
















Here's the supplies I used:

-Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, Gray by Gray
-Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure,Yellow Kitty
-Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure,Gilty Pleasure
-Revlon Metallic
-Scotch tape or French tip stickers
-Base/Top coats














First paint all your nails the color you want underneath the V shape.
















Next, after your nails have been dry for at least an hour, cut tape strips and place them on your nails. I used some french tips I got in a set of polish but regular tape works just as well. I stuck them to the palm of my hand once before putting them on my nails to get some of the sticky-ness off. Place them as high or low as you want depending on the size of triangle you'd like to see of the other color.



























Then paint inside the triangles, careful not to get it over the edge onto the untaped part of your nail.














Wait 30 seconds, peel them off and you're done other than a top coat :)














And if you guys are interested, I though I'd let you know about a couple giveaways from 365 Days of Color. Visit Sunny's blog page here.
For the second giveaway, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment