Pages

June 3, 2011

My First Try at Water Marbling

This manicure actually turned out very good being my first time (ever) trying this technique.















For this manicure, I used:


- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, White On
-Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Invisible
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Hot Magenta
- Avon Nailwear Pro, Nude Gold
- Q-tips
- toothpick
- plastic cup, cut to height of my index finger
- tube of white petroleum jelly or Vaseline














I'll be doing a separate post on the exact steps of how to do this manicure, so check back next Friday for the post! For now, I'll just point out a few tips:

Some nail artists use clear tape around their finger to prevent their skin from getting nail polish on it, but I find it also pulls the polish off of your nail area. Instead, I coat my finger (except for the nail, of course) with the white petroleum jelly, and before the polish dries wipe if off of your skin with a Q-tip. It's a little messy, but works so much better.

Please don't use a drinking cup or mug for this. As you can see in the picture above, after doing only one manicure (12 nails, because I redid two of them) the cup gets pretty mucky with dried polish, and it's never going to come out. Use something disposable and preferably see-through, so you can see what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment