Pages

November 25, 2011

Rainbow Stripes

This funky design is so much fun to wear! And I didn't own any striper polishes when I did this, so yes, you can get custom stripes with regular nail polish; it's easier than it looks.














Here's the supplies I used:


- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Mellow Yellow
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Sun Kissed
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Cherry Red
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Blue Me Away!
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Virtual Violet
- Miss B Rainbow, #110














Paint your nails all yellow (or whatever color you want at the top).














Paint the next color, orange in my case, a little down from the cuticle.














And you get the idea, just keep painting each color further down the nail.





































Add a top coat, and you're done! When I did it, I didn't know how much space to leave for each color, and the last one, green, ended up being a larger area than the others. It'll take some experimenting to know how far to paint each stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment