Pages

September 23, 2011

Cherry Nails

This design is one of my absolute favorites! Sadly, I went swimming the day after I did this manicure, and it chipped BIG TIME. Chlorine and nail polish don't really like each other, I find. Anyways, here's how to do this super cute Cherries & French manicure.














Here's the supplies I used:

- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Going Green
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Black Out
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Cherry Red
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Invisible
- Billie, Reign














Okay so tell me guys: does the one on the left totally look pink in the bottle to you too or am I really just crazy? I thought it would be a pale, shimmery pink but it's 101% SILVER on my nails! Oh well, I still like the color, I just wanted a pale pink instead.

So the first step is painting your index, middle and pinky nails with the pink/silver and your thumb and ring nails with the red.














Take the same red and make a french tip on your silver nails.














Then make two black dots for the cherries. I didn't use a dotting tool or anything, just dripped it off the brush. You can make them as close together or far apart from each other as you like.














Next, take a toothpick with some green polish to do the stem. Or, if you have a green striper polish (with a super thin, long brush) use that.














It's okay if your stems are kinda fat (mine are!) it's still super cute. Now, add a black line above the red. On some nails, I had to add more red or silver on either side to make the black straighter. If you do have a black striper polish, use that.














A top coat or clear polish, and you're done!














No comments:

Post a Comment