Pages

October 21, 2011

Lightning Bolt Nails

This is one of those designs that looks waaaay harder than it actually is to do, so don't be worried! I love this manicure, I'll be wearing this one for quite a while.















Here's the supplies I used:

- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Mellow Yellow
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, Black Out
- Top or clear coat














The first step is to paint black french tips on your index, middle and pinky fingers. Paint your thumb and ring fingers entirely yellow. I was experimenting here with my idea that it would be easier to put the black background over top of the yellow than trying to draw with the yellow over black (since I didn't use a striper polish). And it turned out to work very well.














Take your black and make one half of the lightning bolt. It helps to look at a picture of one as you do this.














Make the other half.














Now for the ring finger you do exactly the same thing. And you can decide if you want the bolt shooting from the left like the thumb, or opposite. I did from left to right on my left hand, and right to left on my right hand.



























Just add a top coat, and you're done!















No comments:

Post a Comment